Revolabs is excited to introduce “Academy of Communication” – an 8-part video series featuring Julian Treasure, a sound and communication expert.
is a well-known TED speaker, Author and Chairman of The Sound Agency. Collectively, Julian’s five TED Talks have been viewed over 40 million times. His latest, How to speak so that people want to listen, is in the top 10 TED talks of all time.
Julian partnered with Revolabs to help both individuals and businesses realize the effects that sound and audio can have on our corporate communications. If we can take the time to focus on sound, which is usually an unconscious relationship, we can better consider how we listen, speak, and design our environments. As Julian stated, “Good sound is good business - and sound communication is essential for any business to succeed”.
So what can you expect in this series?
We’ll dive into the science of sound, the effects sound has on us, speaking and listening for effectiveness, and lastly, how sound plays into business environments. You’ll walk away with a better understanding of sound and tips to optimize your meetings and collaboration spaces.
The 8-part series will progress as follows:
1. The nature of sound
2. Four ways sound affects our productivity
3. Get more from your meetings by learning to listen
4. Improve communication by combining quality audio and video
5. Using your vocal skills to improve your presentations
6. Low quality sound in meetings is at best irratating, at worst critical
7. How to create an effective meeting space
8. Good quality communication makes for a successful business
Sign up here to be the first to receive Part 1!
(we’ll also send you the rest of the series as they launch)